How to use Whole Body Cryotherapy MOST Effectively for Inflammation
Our goal here at the Cryo Crib is to help as many people as possible live healthier, less painful lives by using Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC). Unfortunately, many of our clients do not get the results they are looking for simply because they don’t use WBC correctly, or they give up to quickly.
The purpose of this article is to explain how to use WBC most effectively to fight pain and inflammation and why. We hope you find it helpful.
The information on this website has not be approved or reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. Whole Body Cryotherapy, is not an approved medical treatment and is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any diseases. It is simply an alternative modality that we believe helps the body restore and rejuvenate itself. Many of the articles on this website are based on experts' opinions of how Whole Body Cryotherapy works based on anecdotal results and established research.
WBC is not a miracle cure.
First off, it is important for you to understand that WBC is not a “miracle cure” for pain.
WBC is a powerful tool that helps your body heal itself, similar to other modalities like acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, & healthy nutrition. What makes WBC special is its ability to really have an impact on inflammation throughout your body, which is a primary cause for pain and many other problematic health conditions.
Unless you live a life free of toxins and stress (both mental and physical), your body is CONSTANTLY building inflammation over time. Under that premise, any realistic person will understand that just a few WBC sessions will not reverse a lifetime of inflammation.
WBC is like going to the Gym
If you wanted to get into better shape by going to the gym, would you just go 2-3 times over the course of a month and expect to get great results??? Of course not!
Well, if you are going to try WBC to help with chronic pain and inflammation, you need to take the same philosophy and have the same expectations you would if you were going to the gym.
If you want good results, you have to be consistent!…
And the more often you go, the better your results will be and the faster you will achieve them!
A Simple Analogy
To simplify things, let’s think of your inflammation level as a bucket full of marbles. And let’s assume for example, that any time your bucket has more than 100 marbles in it, you feel pain. Let’s refer to this as your PAIN THRESHOLD.
For the sake of this example, let’s also assume:
- You currently have 120 marbles in your bucket and are living in pain.
- Every day, 1 marble gets added to your bucket whether you like it or not. (Let’s consider this the cost of living in a toxic, stressful world or of being an athlete who is not willing to give up training.)
- Any time you do WBC, 10 marbles are removed from your bucket.
- The end goal is to get under 90 marbles and stay close to that number so you can be virtually pain free.
Doing WBC Once a Week:
- If you only do WBC once a week, your net change will be -3 marbles per week because WBC will deduct 10 marbles and over the course of a week, 7 marbles will be added back in to the bucket as a cost of living.
- It will take you 7 weeks (7 sessions) to reach your pain threshold of 100 marbles.
- It will take you 10+ weeks (10 sessions) before you are safely below your pain threshold which is the end goal.
Doing WBC Every Other Day:
- Your net change will be -8 marbles every 2 days.
- It will take you only 6 days (3 sessions) to get to your Pain Threshold of 100 marbles.
- It will only take you 8 days (4 sessions) before you are safely below your pain threshold.
- Doing WBC more often initially will get you BETTER FASTER RESULTS!
- Doing WBC more often initially will SAVE YOU MONEY in the long run!
- It makes no sense to spend your hard-earned money on Cryotherapy for Pain Relief if you are not going to give it a legitimate effort and do it right.
Important Note: This is just an example analogy to help you get a better understanding of how WBC works and how to maximize your results from it. The numbers used are fictitious and not based on any proven research. We make no guarantees about WBC, and every person is different and thus may require a different amount of sessions and frequency to get the desired results.
Check out the visual comparison below
Click on image to view larger version.